The Religious School is committed to instilling a positive attitude toward being Jewish. It is the goal of our school to help children and their families:
- Appreciate the value of Jewish Education through participation in Jewish learning at home, school, Temple, and in the community.
- Become familiar with the major sources of Jewish beliefs, traditions, and practices and their relevancy to contemporary times.
- Have an informed sense of the special relationship of God to our people as a whole, and how and why Jews individually believe in God as a sustaining force in our lives.
- Understand the role of Judaism in world history and develop pride in Jewish accomplishments in history.
- Recognize the role of Israel in the development of Judaism, and develop an emotional bond to the people and land of Israel.
- Learn skills to participate in Reform Worship service and find meaning in prayer through comprehension.
- Become familiar with the meaning of prayer through comprehension and recitation.
- Understand and experience fulfillment as human beings and as Jews. Make the Temple a place to feel spiritual and welcome.
Sunday classes meet from 9am-12:00noon. Our school-wide Boker Tov service takes place on Sundays from 11 or 11:30am-12:00 noon, depending on the program. Boker Tov services are considered part of the Sunday School experience and all students are required to attend. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity to spend quality time with your children and reinforce their Jewish studies and identity.