In addition to external communications with the Hilton Head and Beaufort County communities (managed by the Communications Committee), Congregation Beth Yam is serious about talking to itself. Since CBY is a congregation of congregants, that means we try hard to stay in touch with each other. We do this by various means:
- This website, www.bethyam.org, contains all sorts of information about Beth Yam’s structure, history, administration, activities, spiritual leadership, and a directory that will lead you to more details as needed. Our webmaster can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Temple Tidings is the monthly newsletter of Congregation Beth Yam. Its 16 pages contain messages from the Rabbi, President, and Board of Directors, as well as reports on the activities of the Sisterhood, the Religious School, Men’s Club, and the various committees of CBY. Temple Tidings is edited by Sheila Margeson and produced by our Administrative Assistant who can be reached at email@example.com.
- Weekly Tidings is a weekly electronic mailing — primarily details of Shabbat themes, starting times, and leaders. Also listed for Email recipients are reminders of coming events for current and future months. It is also produced by our Administrative Assistant.
- Tuesdays@2 is our way of sharing information about events and special programs with the CBY family. While the Weekly Tidings focuses on upcoming CBY services, “Tuesdays@2” will keep you up to date on events and activities.
- We have a Facebook page where our members and the public may share news, events, pictures, and dialogue on varied topics of interest.
- We also capture our congregational events using photography and video streaming and you can see much of this media throughout our website and our printed and electronic publications.