In addition to external communications with the Hilton Head and Beaufort County communities (managed by the Communications Committee), Congregation Beth Yam is serious about talking to itself. Since CBY is a congregation of congregants, that means we try hard to stay in touch with each other. We do this by various means:
- This website, www.bethyam.org, contains all sorts of information about Beth Yam’s structure, history, administration, activities, spiritual leadership, and a directory that will lead you to more details as needed. Our webmaster can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Temple Tidings is the monthly newsletter of Congregation Beth Yam. Its 16 pages contain messages from the Rabbi, President, and Board of Directors, as well as reports on the activities of the Sisterhood, the Religious School, Men’s Club, and the various committees of CBY. Temple Tidings is edited by David Kurjan and produced by our Administrative Assistant who can be reached at email@example.com.
- Small Tidings is a weekly electronic condensation of the CBY calendar — primarily details of Shabbat themes, starting times, and leaders. Also listed for Email recipients are reminders of coming events for current and future months. It is also produced by our Administrative Assistant.
- We have a Facebook page where our members and the public may share news, events, pictures, and dialogue on varied topics of interest.
- Our Rabbi, Brad Bloom, publishes a blog where he posts many of his writings, commentaries, and newspaper articles, and welcomes comments.
- We also capture our congregational events using photography and video streaming and you can see much of this media throughout our website and our printed and electronic publications.